Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. (Deuteronomy 6:4-7)
Our children’s classes are currently using curriculum called Our Spiritual Heritage which is designed to introduce them to God and God’s story as found in the bible. The author’s website lists the following as the lessons of this curriculum:
- The world around us shows God’s wisdom and power
- God is great at light and water and life and bread
- The Bible demonstrates that God is the Hero of History: God is great and God is good. He wins the battles.
- God makes families (physical and spiritual) and cares for them. He helps travelers who travel toward Him.
- God makes eyes. We can see Him in creation and in His Word.
- God chose to make us great. We can choose to cooperate with Him.
- All people and nations fall, but I can change because of Jesus Christ.
- God loves good and hates evil. I should too.
You can read more about this curriculum here. Little visitors are welcome!Join us at our next assembly!